Asian chicken with spaghetti is one pot of every day meal inspired from our kid’s party at school. We had a “spooky spaghetti party” decorated in Halloween theme. This easy Asian chicken recipe will not take your time. Perhaps, it took only 15 minutes for chicken to cook. I tried various Asian chicken recipes and will be shared here soon. If you like creamy style of chicken, try chicken tikka masala.
It’s cold here, though winter hasn’t officially started. When I opened our window blinds, the cold breeze came in. Good that it is not freezing.
For the last Thanksgiving, I made spicy roasted turkey. Braised chicken thighs are another recipe of chicken with vegetables. Meen pollichathu/ Kerala style roasted and baked fish and shrimp roast are spicy seafood options here. Gumbo with shrimp and orange glazed smoked ham are other non vegetarian recipes here. By Gods grace, my trial to make Asian chicken came out well. I made this for our dinner.
- 8 oz of spaghetti
- Water (to cook spaghetti)
- 1.4 lb/ 635 g of chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (well chopped)
- 5 cloves of garlic (well chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 3 Thai chilies or any fresh red chilies (cut into small pieces widthwise) (may adjust as per your spice requirement)
- 2 cups of mixed salad leaves or any of these (spinach, baby kale and chard)
- Wash chicken well and cut into long stripes against the grain in meat. These long stripes must be again cut into small pieces.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add ginger and garlic and when they start brown, add chopped red onion and sauté well.
- When onion becomes translucent and raw smell vanishes, add chicken pieces and give a good mix.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce and red chilies and mix them well. Close with a lid and cook for 10 to15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a large pan with water and bring it to a roll boil. Put spaghetti inside that and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, till al dente.
- When chicken is done, open the lid and stir them well and let the liquid content vaporize for 3 minutes. (The liquid content should not vaporize entirely, there must be saucy consistency)
- When spaghetti is ready, plate spaghetti and then make a bed of salad leaves and serve prepared chicken over it.
Anish is not a big fan of spaghetti. Do you know what happened after he took the chicken and spaghetti? He asked for more. I wondered… with a question in my mind “What happened…?” I’m sure it is the magic of Asian chicken cooked in sauces… 🙂