Cream cheese pumpkin biscuits were there in my earlier to do wish list right from last fall. American biscuits are always our favorites. The funny thing is that I love to play with them. Whole wheat American biscuits were one among them. Cream cheese pumpkin biscuits are like a value addition to enlighten the taste of the season. Some other breakfast recipes here are Cranberry White Chocolate Scones, blueberry bread and carrot muffins.
Here fall is sneaking….. I could see nature painting leaves into beautiful red, orange and yellow. The prism of twilight is falling on these gorgeous painted leaves giving a different kind of ambiance. Chilled dough looks like this.
These cream cheese pumpkin biscuits are creamy, soft and light. I could not find any cream cheese pumpkin biscuits recipe from Google guru. This was really an experiment, having no clue about the output. Thank God..! Now I got confidence to try my own versions in baking. Sounds interesting to me..!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅔ cup of butter
- 2 ½ cup of all purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 3 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon of dry ginger powder
- ½ cup of canned pumpkin puree
- Sift flour. Mix all dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and dry ginger powder.
- In a food processor (fitted with a knife or dough blade) or using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients (the flour should look like coarse sand).
- Take parchment paper and dust flour into it. Take the dough and sprinkle a little more flour so that the dough will not be much sticky.
- Cover dough with a plastic wrap and chill it for 2 hours
- Preheat your oven to 425 0F/ 218.3 0C.
- With your hand, spread the dough into ½ inch thick and cut them with a biscuit cutter or any sharp cookie cutter.
- The scraps can be combined to make new biscuits. Put them in an ungreased baking sheet placing 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes and rotate the pan so that the front of the pan moves back.
- Continue baking for 6 more minutes.
“We are ready to get baked…” – says circle biscuit dough :-).
My hubby likes to have with jam, me with cream cheese and kido with mayo. No matter what the pairing is, we love these cream cheese pumpkin biscuits. Make it and let me know.