Have you tried creamy and spicy mashed potatoes recipe….? Last year, for thanksgiving I made spicy mashed potatoes. Creamed potatoes are a value added version of mashed potatoes. There are many easy mashed potato recipes, but I’m sure that these simple mashed potatoes with blender will win your hearts.
I was in a hunt for getting perfect mashed potatoes which are creamy like the word “Cute and sexy”. Because creamy potatoes are always blissful and when spiced up with dried red chili, gives you a different feel of mashed potatoes. Spicy roasted turkey is a thanksgiving special in this space. Delicata squash bake and vegan pumpkin soup is good for you if you are a vegan. Cheese stuffed dinner rolls are yet anther one. Pumpkin pie is the dessert here.
Anish is not so fond of mashed potatoes. But I wanted to make it as Thanksgiving special. So, to make it interesting for him, I was curious to try some different recipe for mashed potatoes. When he came back from office, I gave him a small bowl of creamy mashed potatoes. My eyes were focused on him expecting a critique. He took a small scoop into his mouth and I saw a “wow” feeling in his expressive eyes. He said “This tastes like a restaurant style of melt in mouth mashed potatoes”
- 2 large / 453 g/ 1 pound of potatoes
- ¼ cup of cream
- ½ cup/ 4 oz of butter (See Notes*) (May be reduce to ¼ cup/ 2 oz as per your choice)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of crushed dried red chilies (If you like more spicy version, make it 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro leaves
- Remove skin of potatoes and cut them into ½ inch pieces.
- In a 4 quart saucepan, put cut potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring them to boil. Now turn heat to medium and cook them until potatoes are tender and can be crushed easily. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain water away in a colander
- Combine cream, butter, salt and pepper into an empty saucepan and heat on medium flame until melted.
- Take off from heat and blend everything together (use a blender). Pour into the serving bowl.
- Add crushed dried red chilies and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is adapted from Alton Brown in food network.