Have you all started preparing for thanksgiving? Delicata squash bake is a side dish which you can serve for thanksgiving if you find at least one person in your family follows gluten free or vegan diet. Delicata squash seeds can be roasted and served for your leisure. Baked delicata squash will be soft and a kinda melt in mouth with a little sweetness. Out of many delicata squash recipes, I found this as the easiest one and vegan version. Roasted delicata squash is then seasoned with coconut cream mixture and I added a little red chili to this delicata squash recipe to make it a little hot. But that is optional.
After many cloudy days, today we had pleasant sun with a cool and clear sky. Today I saw beautiful patterns of sunrays in between the trees. The floral carpets were not wet any more. Delicata squashes were kindly gifted by our friend Chrissy as I told in Zucchini corn salad. Thanks to her for she is the one who introduced me about new veggies and fruits and experiment stuffs out of my comfort zone. Here the most important thing is to serve immediately or serve hot.
- Squash bake
- 2 delicata squash
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried red chili (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 11/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Half of one persimmon, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 4000 F
- Cut delicata lengthwise into half with a sharp knife. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds. (See Notes*)
- Slice delicata into ½ inch segments. Toss them with coconut oil and salt. Arrange them in a single layer in a baking sheet with parchment paper (or in a metal baking sheet).
- Bake for 10 minutes. With tongs, flip the sides so that baking is done evenly. Again bake for 10 minutes. If you like spicy flavor, sprinkle dried red chili powder on the top of delicata slices and bake for 5 minutes.
- Delicata slices will be tender and creamy when bitten. This is how you check whether they are done.
- Mix coconut cream and maple syrup well.
- To serve, arrange delicata slices in a serving dish, pour coconut cream mixture to it and garnish with cilantro leaves and persimmons.
We all liked it and try this on your kitchen and let me know 🙂