The dragon chicken recipe is an Indo Chinese dish. In the recipe for dragon chicken, chicken pieces are fried with corn flour, all purpose flour and sauces. Then the next step is to sauté in sauces and you will get a yummy chicken recipe with the goodness of sauces.
Chicken tikka masala is a chicken recipe where baked chicken are dipped in creamy sauces. Braised chicken thighs are American style of braising. Spicy roasted turkey is great for your Thanksgiving or Christmas treat. Orange glazed smoked ham is another meat recipe. Asian chicken with spaghetti is a quick everyday meal. Some fish and seafood recipes here includes gumbo with shrimp, Kerala style roasted and baked fish and shrimp roast. This recipe is inspired from Yummy Tummy.
One evening, Anish came and asked me “How about trying some crispy chicken in some Chinese sauces..?” I asked “What…you want it today…? ” “No dear… but I like to have some day this week”. We actually tasted such kinda chicken from a Chinese restaurant. But on that day he got a smell of preparing similar chicken from a restaurant. That invoked his craving to eat it.
- 500 grams/ 1 lbs Boneless chicken – breast or thighs (cut lengthwise into stripes)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- ¼ cup of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 11/2 tablespoons of dried red chili flakes/ crushed red chillies
- 11/2 teaspoons of black pepper powder
- Egg white from 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 large onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 red capsicum (If not available use green)
- 2 Whole dried red chillies
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of crushed dried red chili flakes/ crushed red chilies
- 1 tablespoon of cashews (may be increased as per your requirement)
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup of tomato ketch up
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- A sprig of curry leaves or coriander leaves or spring onions
- Salt (as required)
- Marinate chicken pieces with the ingredients listed under marinade and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet and fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown. Transfer them into a plate with kitchen napkin.
- Take some oil out from the skillet and leave 3 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. (If you don’t prefer much oil in your sauce)
- In the same hot oil, add cashews and whole red chilies. When cashews start to brown lightly, add chopped ginger and garlic. When they turn golden brown, add sliced onion and capsicum. Sauté them well and when they become translucent, add crushed red chili, tomato ketch up, salt and sugar. Combine everything well.
- Cook everything for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add fried chicken and coat them well with sauce. Cook for two to three minutes
- Add curry leaves or coriander leaves or spring onions or use three of them and mix well.
This was a big hit in our home. Whenever Anish had a walk in the kitchen, he takes some pieces in a small bowl and eats it. Make this in your sweet home 🙂