Cakes and cookies made from dry yellow cake mix are very soft and heavenly. One day, Anish came home; he had a portion of cake slice in his hand. I tasted…. it was heavenly. It was banana nut pudding cake. I could not stop myself from searching about the recipe. In almost all recipes, I found one common thing- 1 box of yellow cake mix (store bought or homemade)…..!!
I thought… what is this cake mix..? In my knowledge, cake mix is the store bought stuff to make cake easy- without the tediousness of preparations. Later, I came to know that there are a numerous recipes that are made from yellow cake mix. It can be made at HOME….!!!It doesn’t take your time much. The only difference from the store bought one’s is you need to refrigerate this yellow cake mix for storage (as there is no chemicals added for shelf life). The recipe source is simply scratch.
I made cake mix cookies from this yellow cake mix recipe which is one among the popular recipes here.
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose four
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons/ ¼ cup / ½ stick unsalted butter (cold)
- Sift all purpose flour.
- Cut butter into medium squares.
- In a food processor or blender put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter.
- Pulse them until butter is well incorporated.
- Store them in an air tight container in fridge. It will last for 2 weeks. This can be stored in freezer up to 4 months.
Thank God..! I found an exact easy recipe to use in many of my coming bakes. It’s easy. Try this, store this and this could be used to bake just about anything 🙂