French crepes with white chocolate won my heart a few months ago. You know my love with French desserts right…? A while ago, I was mad about making macaroons and I made rose macaroons, ginger macaroons, red velvet valentine macaroons and simple French macaroons. Before tasting it, what I knew is, it is one among the most demanded French desserts. The fall season is on the way. How about trying pumpkin spice latte in your home… ?
A few months ago, we had a trip to New York. We wished to taste French crepes, French desserts, New York cheese cake and New York special pizza while we were there. Everything except crepes was done. On the last day of our stay, we walked through the busy streets of New York enjoying the light rain and cold breeze after a session of humid weather.
There were a number of turns to reach our destination and we were lost. Anish moved forward to see the next street name. My eyes walked slowly from left to right. All I could see is the sky scrapers which loudly tell the story of New York city. Suddenly, Rydhi turned to my back without losing my hand grip said “Momma I want to sit…”. While holding her up and my eyes stuck on the board “Crepes …”. Wow…! I got excited and thought, “Taking some wrong paths can lead us to accomplish our most loved wishes…” The recipe is from Christophe Michalak.
- 3 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- 2 cups/ 250 g of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon / 2g of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups/ 500 ml of milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter (melted until brown)
- A little oil required for frying
- 4 oz of white chocolate (chopped)
- 2 strawberries for each crepe
- Mint leaves (as required)
- Take all purpose flour and salt and sift them. Add sugar.
- Make a well in the center and crack eggs into it one by one. Add each egg only after incorporating the previous one fully.
- With a wire whisk (or beater), whisk rapidly with a little of the milk.
- Incorporate the remaining milk, beating or whisking briskly until the batter is really smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and strain through a sieve to avoid any lumps.
- Stir in the melted butter and chill about 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or crepe pan and drizzle a few drops of oil in and cook them. Turn each one upside down when they are golden brown at the edges.
- Heat a sauce pan and fill it with water up to its three fourth. Take a heat resistant bowl with white chocolate in it and with a rubber spatula, stir occasionally. Continue this till entire white chocolate is melted.
- Take a crepe and spread white chocolate into it. Fold it and serve with strawberries garnished with mint leaves.
- This can be served as a quick breakfast…! We all enjoyed it well and try this yourself….
Don’t forget to pair these crepes with white chocolate or nutella or any spicy fillings. It will absorb the flavor and will become a good treat for you…
This can be served as a quick breakfast…! We all enjoyed it well and try this yourself…. 🙂