M and M chocolate chip cookies are the third post in the baking series of kids snack. I can’t believe that it’s been a month since my kids school started. Mondays comes fast and soon it becomes Friday and then the next Monday and the clock goes on pretty much unknowingly. Some other recipes of kids snack series are chocolate madeleins and cake mix cookies.
M & Ms are always a favorite fancy stuff for the kids right…!! Believe me I have a crush for that even now. These M & M chocolate chip cookies are soft and more cake like. You can also try these soft and thin chocolate chip cookies. If you like French confections, you may go for rose macaroons, ginger macaroons or French macaroons. The dough looks like …..
The most exciting part of these M& M chocolate chip cookies are that there is no need of a machine for beating. Use a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula for mixing. By Gods grace, they came out well.
- ¾ cup/ 150 g / 1½ sticks of melted butter
- 2 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1½ teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup/ 90 g of semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup/ 85 g of M & Ms or any similar type of chocolates
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients- all purpose flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- Whisk the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until no sugar lumps remain in a large bowl.
- Now whisk the egg, egg yolk and then vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula.
- With a plastic wrap, cover the dough and chill for two hours.
- When ready to bake, take dough from the refrigerator and let it soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325 0F/ 1630C and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll them into balls. Roll them taller and wide. Place each of them 3 inches apart.
- Bake each batch for 13 minutes.
- The cookies will be looking soft and under baked. But don’t worry they will be okay once they cool down. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes
- Note: Keep them in an airtight container in room temperature. They last for 10 days.
The recipe source is sally’s baking addiction. We enjoyed it. Try this and let me know 🙂