Summer fruits are colorful and vibrant right…? Recently we went to farmers market. I love the way they are placed in small open carriers in an organic way. Mixed fruit parfait is sweet and easy to make dessert with goodness of all cute summer fruits.
When you eat berries, it leaves a signature on your tongue – their color. You know that feel when you have a lot of different berries in your hands with distinct flavors and colors and you try to eat them in spreading colors and juices down your chin? In my home, there was a mulberry tree. I still remember in my childhood, we eat mulberries, and our lips will be purple red (natural lipstick…!).
We ate many as such and made some desserts. Some simple no bake dessert recipes here are mango mousse, chocolate truffle and almond yogurt mousse. If you like soft and firm dessert, you can choose vanilla panna cotta , cheesecake budino or plout panna cotta.
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2tablespoons of mascarpone cheese (softened)
- 1 ½ cup of mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, black berries, cherries or any fruit of your choice)
- Simple syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- To make simple syrup, mix water and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to boil on medium heat. When it starts boiling and entire sugar is well dissolved, take off from heat. Let it cool.
- Add mixed fruits to syrup and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Beat whipping cream with sugar till soft peaks are formed. Add vanilla extract. Fold mascarpone cheese into it.
- Take out soaked fruits from refrigerator. In serving glasses or dessert cups, layer fruits and whipping cream mixture.
Make this mixed fruit parfait and enjoy the goodness of fruits and cream.