Three weeks back, we went to a nearby retail store, there was beautiful display of cup cakes. Our little one took one box into our cart. “Put it back dear, I will make them ” I told. She asked “Are u sure mamma”. I promised. After that, every morning, she asks me “You will make chocolate cup cakes today right…?” I made these chocolate cupcakes. She craved for more.
I got a chance to make cupcakes for a birthday party of our friend, Anupa’s sweet daughter, Viha. The theme was nature. She asked me to make some chocolate cup cakes. That talented girl told me her specifications. The entire party hall was dressed up with yellow and green decorations. By Gods grace, these Hersheys chocolate cupcakes came out nicely and its decorations well blended with party theme. These are really moist cupcakes. For Hersheys chocolate cake recipe, click here. Some chocolate cake recipes in this space are black forest cake and chocolate featherbed cake.
Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 ¾ cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup of Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
- A pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 0F. Line 30 muffin cups with paper or foil baking cups. In a sauce pan, put water to boil.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Now add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes till everything mixed well. Stir in 1 cup of boiling water. You will get a very thin batter.
- Fill cups ⅔ rd full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, until a wooden tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Cool them completely in a wire rack. Check Notes*.
- I made Wilton’s recipe for butter cream icing and piped some grass with Wilton’s tip 233 and some flowers with tip 22.
I made these cup cakes in small cups. So it took me 13 minutes to get fully baked. Baking time depends on the volume of your cups.
I felt immense joy when I heard good feedback from them, and that is why I’m posting here. Next day I made again a small batch of cup cakes. When it was finished, I could hear a little one saying “Mommy you have to make more chocolate cup cakes…… I want more”. So don’t wait try this hersheys chocolate cupcakes, decorate and find sparkling joy in the eyes of your little ones :-).