When we had pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, I felt that I should recreate it in home. I made this during Halloween. But I believe it is ok to post it now, sticking onto the fact that better late than never right…..?How are your thanksgiving preparations going on….?
Other pumpkin deserts in my space are pumpkin pie and spiced pumpkin pudding. I got the recipe from thekitch.com. Eggnog, strawberry pear smoothie and white hot chocolate are some other drinks here.
Pumpkin spice Latte (Starbucks style)
Recipe type: Drinks
- 2 cups of whole milk
- ¼ cup of strong espresso coffee (with one teaspoon of sugar) (See Notes)
- 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (a little more for topping)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (may be increased as per your taste; I added one more tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream (whipped until stiff peaks formed)
- Pumpkin pie spice:
- Source : The Contemporary Encyclopedia of Herbs and Spices by Tony Hill
- Makes 2⅓ tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of allspice
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon of ground mace
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Pumpkin pie spice:
- Stir everything to combine and store in an airtight container.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Heat the pumpkin puree with pumpkin spice in a sauce pan for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly till it is hot and smells cooked.
- Add the sugar and stir until the mixture looks like bubbly thick syrup.
- Pour milk and vanilla extract and whisk them well. Continue warming the mixture over medium heat. Do not over boil.
- Process the milk mixture in a blender until frothy.
- Divide prepared coffee in two mugs and add frothed milk. Top with whipping cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice and serve.
I don’t have a coffee maker. If you have one, take 2 shots of espresso (without sugar). I made ¼ cup of strong coffee and added 1 teaspoon of sugar. May be increased or decreased as per your sugar requirement.
Pumpkin spice latte comes in the menu of star bucks during fall. When it is homemade, it adds more stars….. 🙂