I know you are in a rush to enjoy your weekend. Raw vegan nectarine parfaits are simple and healthy option for dessert lovers. The cashew cream made from raw cashews makes a replacement for dairy based cream. The bottom layer is the walnut crumble, the middle one is cashew cream sauce and topped with ripe nectarines. Mixed fruit parfaits are a good option for you when you are running out of time. As I told you in raw vegan kiwi pudding, I like raw vegan desserts too. No bake pumpkin cheesecake, three ingredient pumpkin payasam and pumpkin pie are some desserts where you can play with pumpkin. How are these vibrant nectarines…?
It is raining outside. The floral carpets- oh no…! Those fall leaves carpet with lively colors has slowly changed to brown. No change for pines- they are always evergreen. But the different shades of yellow, red and orange gives an extra enthusiasm to pines.
Here is the walnut crumble
Diwali/ Deepavali is on its way. Kaju katli is a cashew based fudge sweet for Deepavali. Sticky pear burfi and motichhoor ladoo are also liked by many of you. Dates payasam/ Dates kheer is a vegan choice. For crispy treat, you may try murukku/ chakli. This recipe is inspired from here.
Here is the cashew cream
- Walnut crumble:
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 2 dates
- Cashew cream
- 1 cup of cashew nut
- ½ cup of purified water
- Water for soaking cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons of honey/ Maple syrup/any raw vegan sweetener
- 3 nectarines (cut into your desired shape)
- Soak cashew in water. Refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes to overnight. (I refrigerated soaked cashews overnight)
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts and dates until they form crumbles.
- Blend soaked cashew nuts and purified water on high speed in a blender until it is smooth and creamy. (This can be kept in refrigerator for 3 days)
- For assembling:
- In a desert serving cup, add 4 to 5 teaspoons of walnut crumble. Layer cashew cream and top with nectarine pieces.
- Serve chilled.
My better half is not much fond of raw vegan food. But after taking a scoop of the three layers of walnut crumble, cream and vibrant yellow nectarines he said “You know…. I wouldn’t comprise for taste for being healthy. In this case, taste is in the front seat as well as health”. Thank God for the good result. Try this and I would like to know …! Happy Weekend…. 🙂