Do you like soups..? This is an easy vegan pumpkin soup with not much calories. But don’t worry, when you go through the recipe for pumpkin soup, you will find a creamy vegan soup. So I can say about the soup as a healthy pumpkin soup. You can find some delicious pumpkin recipes like pumpkin spice latte, cream cheese pumpkin biscuits, no bake pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie and three ingredient pumpkin pudding/ payasam. Salads here include roasted grape tomato and pasta salad.
Now I can see brown dried colors on one side covered in yellow and light greens on those trees those represents seasons. “I can’t see anything mamma…Its soo cc-oo-ld….!!”, said my little one, when we (me and Rydhi ) were walking to the school yesterday morning. In the midst of our walk or probably a run I reduced our speed for a while and my eyes passed around. Yes it was really foggy, giving a blurry vision. It seemed like sky has come down and we were walking crossing sky. So it was nice to have soup to warm when I came back. This is a simple pumpkin soup with coconut milk. Thank God…! This came out well. The recipe is taken from Minimalist Baker.
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups /480 ml of vegetable broth
- 2 cups / 450g of pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 1 cup/240 ml of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon of seasalt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon/ 15 ml of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of chopped spinach
- ½ teaspoon of red chilly flakes
- In a large sauce pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil and put shallots and garlic and when it starts brown, add vegetable broth, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup, sea salt, black pepper and cinnamon.
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Take the entire mixture from heat and pour into a blender and puree them well.
- Bring the mixture back to heat and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
When you make this pumpkin soup with coconut milk, you will find this as the best vegan pumpkin soup. And it is not a sin if you call it as a cream of pumpkin soup.