Home grown stuffs are always a bliss right…? Our friend Chrissy is kind to give us home grown zucchinis. They were so lovely. Many options ran to my mind when I thought of a beautiful transformation to these zucchinis. Pizza… or salad or…. and the list goes on. Finally I came to a conclusion – to give a Kerala touch to them and I made zucchini stir fry/ zucchini mezhukkupuratti. By Gods grace it came out well.
You can have these stir fried zucchinis with rice or chapattis. The best when it is served hot. Other vegetarian recipes here are broccoli mornay and palak paneer. Other recipes best with rice are gumbo with shrimp, chicken tikka masala and shrimp roast .
- 5 medium zucchinis (Cut into halves and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder or ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (may be reduced as per your requirement )
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 tablespoons of sliced coconut
- Salt (as required)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- ½ teaspoon of mustard seeds (Kaduku)
- ½ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds (Uluva)
- In a large skillet or cooking pot, heat oil. Add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When it splutters, add sliced zucchini and stir it for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder/ cayenne pepper, garam masala, sliced coconut and salt. Give a good stir so that every zucchini slices are uniformly coated with masala powders.
- Close the lid reduce heat to medium low for 5 minutes. When zucchinis are well cooked, open the lid and increase heat to medium high. Continue cooking until entire water content is evaporated and are dry.
- Serve hot with rice.
So try this simple and easy recipe – serve warm with the warmth of love.